We Need You
Volunteers are essential to LCHS!
Leon County Humane Society depends on the support of committed, caring people to volunteer their time, talent and energy on behalf of the animals waiting for adoption.
We know you might have special talents; maybe you like talking to people on the phone, or entering data on a computer, or doing yard work...If you want to help, we can help you find the best way for you!
If you would like to volunteer, please:
Please note, we ask that volunteers:
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer in our Adult Program.
- Be at least 12- 17 years of age to volunteer in our Student Volunteer Program. Please note: Volunteers 12-15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/ chaperone to volunteer with LCHS, unless prior approval has been given by the student's parent/ chaperone.
- Be at least 5- 11 years of age to volunteer as a Pawsitive Reader. Volunteers must be accompanied by a parent/ chaperone to volunteer with LCHS.
- Make a commitment with us for a minimum of 4 months (or one school semester), with most assignments requiring a once-a-week commitment of the same day and time for a total of 10 hours per month.
- Dedicated to the humane treatment of all animals, including being comfortable talking about/ supporting, spay/ neuter initatives.